29 Apr Cinco De Mayo T-shirt available now
5 Craft Beers to Upgrade Your Cinco de Mayo Celebration this Year
Commonly mistaken for Mexican Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) actually began due to the Mexican army’s unlikely victory of French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. About a hundred years later, Cinco de Mayo has turned into a holiday in the United States that promotes and celebrates all of the contributions that Mexican Americans and all of Hispanic population have made to America.
However, the greatest spark of enthusiasm for Cinco De Mayo began because major beer companies began sponsoring Cinco De Mayo events, especially in California. This action proved to be successful due the significant increase of beers sold in the whole country.
Nowadays, in the United States, Cinco de Mayo is an open door for people to get together with friends to eat Mexican cuisine, wear funny Cinco De Drinko apparel and most importantly, drink craft beer.
As you may already know, drinking beer or “cerveza” is one of the main parts of celebrating Cinco De Mayo; But did you know that Cinco De Mayo has sold more beers than St. Patrick’s day and even the Super Bowl?
Now that you know why this is a special date, it deserves to be celebrated in great style with unique apparel and tasty beer. Here at Hops & Barley Co, we are all about supporting and bringing awareness to local craft breweries. Why not step up your celebration this year? Here is a list of some of our favorite Mexican craft beers that you should try:
- Tempus Dorada- Award winning golden ale with notes of honey. This beer comes from the Primus Cerveceria located in Tlalnepantla de Paz, Mexico. They use traditional brewing methods to achieve a delicious final product. So if you want a reliable Mexican craft ale this is the brand to go for.
- Texcoco’s Bathory- This is a rich coffee imperial stout. Made by the microbrewery by the name of Texcoco Mystic Ales located in Texcoco, Estado de Mexico.
- Ramuir’s Lagrimas Negras (Black Tears)- An oatmeal stout with notes of chocolate. The Ramuiri brewery is located in Tijuana, Baja California and known for their amusing beer names.
- Seis Hileras Porter- A porter that goes really well with red meat. The Seis Hileras Brewery is situated in Mexico city and works with simple, yet top quality ingredients.
- Baja Brewing Company’s Baja Razz Raspberry – Known for their unique drink also known as “ a dessert in a glass” the Baja Razz Raspberry was created by the first brewery in the heart of Los Cabos, Baja California.
Now that you have some great selection of beers for this special day, why not step it up and celebrate this holiday with our Cinco de Drinko T-shirt? Just like our favorite beers, our tees are hand-crafted and made with an emphasis on quality.
Our shirts contain a signature blended style, made with a super-soft fabric. The Cinco de Drinko t-shirt is made up of a blend of polyester and cotton that is firm but soft to touch. This combination doesn’t shrink or change shape like pure cotton does and makes it easier to wash and dry.
This shirt is not only a perfect match for this upcoming holiday, but our Cinco de Drinko tee is also ideal for whenever you need to kickback on the couch, and drink delicious beer for any occasion.
Our Cinco de Drinko t-shirt is available with a 20% discount code CINCO20 on the Hops & Barley Co website.